Tuesday, September 30, 2008

You Can Look

It's funny when you don't expect much from people and then they surprise you. I love being wrong, in that sense. But then it gets to a point where I begin to expect that unexpected, and they're to live up to the very bar they set. It's sad to be disappointed. It would almost be easier to just feel angry. To feel anger and discontentment toward an action is much easier to handle than to just be straight up disappointed. To be hurt. So, then I go on ignoring their actions to follow and am able to deal with the dismissable characteristics about them, drowning them in the shadow of their very own dark side. And then they turn around and do me right, again, and I'm wrong, again. And thus the cycle continues. How do you determine whether the good or bad in a person weighs heavier on your heart? And how do you determine whether or not this person is a bright enough light in your life to carry... or whether or not they cast shades of gray on your path?


love you,
love, me

mariel.

No comments: