Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tiger Balm.

So, my apartment smells like Tiger Balm and the neighbor's cigarettes, I have a headache from it being smashed into the wall by a stranger aiding another stranger in attempting to steal my laptop FROM my lap, and I'm hungry for something other than the ever-present boxes of cereal that inhabit my cabinets while leaving my stomach completely bare. On the bright side, I figured out how to use the internet on my laptop (which luckily isn't broken) through the internet provided on my fone so.... now I can write about alluvitt.

I wrote a rap today, pretty sick, I think. Met some interesting customers at work who don't understand personal space, haha... and I also read a ridiculous email from CA that listed a number of books that McCain's VP candidate, Palin, tried to get BANNED. I will share.

    A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

    A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

    Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden

    As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner

    Blubber by Judy Blume

    Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

    Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson

    Canterbury Tales by Chaucer

    Carrie by Stephen King

    Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

    Christine by Stephen King

    Confessions by Jean-Jacques Rousseau

    Cujo by Stephen King

    Curses, Hexes, and Spells by Daniel Cohen

    Daddy's Roommate by Michael Willhoite

    Day No Pigs Would Die by Robert Peck

    Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller

    Decameron by Boccaccio

    East of Eden by John Steinbeck

    Fallen Angels by Walter Myers

    Fanny Hill (Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure) by John Cleland

    Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes

    Forever by Judy Blume

    Grendel by John Champlin Gardner

    Halloween ABC by Eve Merriam

    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

    Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

    Have to Go by Robert Munsch

    Heather Has Two Mommies by Leslea Newman

    How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell

    Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

    I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou

    Impressions edited by Jack Booth

    In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak

    It's Okay if You Don't Love Me by Norma Klein

    James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl

    Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence

    Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman

    Little Red Riding Hood by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm

    Lord of the Flies by William Golding

    Love is One of the Choices by Norma Klein

    Lysistrata by Aristophanes

    More Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz

    My Brother Sam Is Dead by James Lincoln Collier and Christopher

    Collier

    My House by Nikki Giovanni

    My Friend Flicka by Mary O'Hara

    Night Chills by Dean Koontz

    Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

    On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer

    One Day in The Life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander Solzhenitsyn

    One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

    One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

    Ordinary People by Judith Guest

    Our Bodies, Ourselves by Boston Women's Health Collective

    Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy

    Revolting Rhymes by Roald Dahl

    Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones by Alvin Schwartz

    Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz

    Separate Peace by John Knowles

    Silas Marner by George Eliot

    Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

    Swimming Upstream, Slowly by Melissa Clark

    Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs

    The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

    The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

    The Bastard by John Jakes

    The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

    The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier

    The Color Purple by Alice Walker

    The Devil's Alternative by Frederick Forsyth

    The Figure in the Shadows by John Bellairs

    The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

    The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson

    The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

    The Headless Cupid by Zilpha Snyder

    The Learning Tree by Gordon Parks

    The Living Bible by William C. Bower

    The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare

    The New Teenage Body Book by Kathy McCoy and Charles Wibbelsman

    The Pigman by Paul Zindel

    The Seduction of Peter S. by Lawrence Sanders

    The Shining by Stephen King

    The Witches by Roald Dahl

    The Witches of Worm by Zilpha Snyder

    Then Again, Maybe I Won't by Judy Blume

    To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee

    Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare

    Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary by the Merrium-Webster

    Editorial Staff

    Witches, Pumpkins, and Grinning Ghosts: The Story of the Halloween

Symbols by Edna Barth

Seriously? Hm.... this is something to think about. I'm glad (and pretty surprised, actually) that she didn't have The Giver on this list or I would've had some serious complaints.

love you,
love, me

mariel.

No comments: