Friday, September 12, 2008

Relating To Barbie

Today I had an interview for a management position at Aldo's. I cleaned up nice, I think. The wardrobe for Aldo's versus the wardrobe for Journey's are very different ends of the spectrum, but today I actually found a way to fit into both and still fit into me, so needless to say, I was pretty proud! The biggest thing, maybe, would be that I actually incorporated PINK into the fit. The saddest thing would definitely be that I'm actually writing about this on a Friday night. :) Nerd.

I definitely had a good day though, very productive, very mapped out and followed.. through... even though I don't know how to word that. I work again in 9 hours but am stuck listening to Tyler Hilton, How Love Should Be and getting drawn in by his lyrics, again. He's really freaking good at what he does.

There's a new girl at work, R. She's really sweet and honestly it's kind of nice having a girl around 'cause I then don't notice as much that I'm the only one. It was cool to help her in the store and kind of teach her the little things you pick up. It was also cool to go from a morning of errands to a 4pm meeting to a 5pm shift writing songs the whole time and finally singing them out loud on the car ride home. There's definitely something empowering about running shiz in pink patent leather pumps. Between the pink shoes, the pink earrings, and the pink members only jacket, I think I have filled the very small hole that is in my wardrobe which can handle that particular hue... It's completely safe to say that you won't see me in pink again until at least next month.

love you,
love, me

mariel.

3 comments:

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

I'm exited for you and your astounding leap into the wonderous world of CSI managment... (Customer Service Industry).. though I suppose its technically Retail... but CSI matches your pink pumps so much better.
I've just finished my movie after I embarked on the elongated and dry task of organizing my movies... on a friday night. Though, I think cause its friday its granted the injection of the adjective "pathetically" and addition of the subject matt to make it something similar to "pathetically matt, embarked on the elongated adn dry task" ... Oh well...been a long week. Hopefully the weekend makes up.

Sarah Jane said...

I love Tyler Hilton! ... I am going to go look up 20:28 now!