Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Killed A Roach w/ My Phone

...y'know how it is.

Basically, today was a craaaazy day. Woke up & went to work, normal. SLOW. Had a meeting with Aldo on Melrose and it was super intense. Then went on my way to pick up Q and I get a text saying he inhaled too many fumes and isn't being allowed to work cuz he's disoriented and such.. AH! Got scared, didn't like it, got him some food and coffee and long boarded outside his work while he ate 'til the clock hit 5. Then went to Aldo on Hollywood and Highland to interview with the manager there who is pretty entertaining, haha. Ran into J, he called A and we sat down to catch up on everything. Turns out, A's doing Bring It On Cinco (I know..) and I said that my number must be given to M because he's a stand up guy :)

While we were talking in the courtyard, man comes up and hands us a flyer to go see Wayne Brady at the Virgin Megastore. Um, yes. So, I go and watch him perform some songs from his album, sounded GREAT. His back up singers were so clean and can I just tell you Jamie Jones was one of them.. yessss All 4 One. Anway, I buy the cd and go to get an autograph and he tells me to stick around so I can meet everyone. I'm introduced to all the people behind the little security belts and he asks if I want to join them for dinner. Haha.. his daughter wants pizza.

We walk to CPK 7 deep, I order a Chinese Chicken Salad (delicious) and say maybe 10 words the whole time. What kinda nervous... I also have to charge it to the fact that I was writing a really good song at the table and was guilty of being stuck in that :/ I don't know why I was nervous. It wasn't the M kind of nervous or the Stevie Wonder kind of nervous, I think it was "I used to watch you in middle school and I really don't wanna bring any of your hilarious-ness up cuz I don't know if it's taboo to talk about your career while you're not actually working" kind of nervous, haha. I'm also not exactly sure what taboo means. Looking it up...

ta·boo [tuh-boo, ta-]. –adjective
1.proscribed by society as improper or unacceptable: taboo words.
2.(among the Polynesians and other peoples of the South Pacific) separated or set apart as sacred; forbidden for general use; placed under a prohibition or ban.
–noun
3.a prohibition or interdiction of anything; exclusion from use or practice.

Yeaaa. :) I'm supposed to hang out with X this weekend AND I'm supposed to be recording this weekend! That's definitely first priorityyy, gotta meet that goal, Oct. 26.

love you,
love, me

mariel.

No comments: