Monday, September 22, 2008

A SLO Weekend

I just got in bed. Finallyyy. There's something about getting into bed after being hurt so badly that almost makes you want to get up and stay doing what you were doing 'cause the comfort only comes through pain. My body feels like I have been working at a shoe store for six hours too many after having driven three hours too long in a car scented by McDonald's. Oh, wait.

I got to N's house right after work on Saturday afternoon and was so stressed from the stupid shoe counting fiasco. YM was there already so it really wasn't more than 10 minutes before we got on the road to go see The 2AM Club play in San Louis Obispo, so I was very excited about this. San Luis. The ride was cool, I had a funny conversation with my dad who is convinced that I can get Wayne Brady and Stevie Wonder to come perform with me in Utah. Haha... Manohman. I also ended up singing to N and YM for a little of the way, got to hear YM's (ridiculous) 3 song demo situation and got a lotttt of feedback on random things from the both of them. Productive :)


We grabbed dinner at Baja Fresh and talked about the level of comfort between us all and I was informed that I somehow make them want to be more wholesome versions of themselves when I am around, haha. What? That makes me feel like the mom in the room. When it's like,

"Is your mom here?"
"Yea. Oh, but don't worry she's a cool mom."
"Dude. Your mom's here."

Not cool. Basically, I don't have many serious things to worry about at the time being so for that I'm very grateful. I hope everyone's good and all that good goodness.

love you,
love, me

mariel.

1 comment:

Ali and Dane said...

pretty sure thats what i do isn't it. sept i'm perma mom. yuck. i never want that title.