Sunday, July 20, 2008

we are all struggling, we're all hurt. even the strongest man, outside, trembles at the thought of pain inside. we might hide it, but we cry a little more than people think. and we might fight it, but it feels good after all. we give energy to the downside, giving work to the upside, and turning things around for those of naivety. opening eyes and shooting the stars. i wish i could be there for you, i wish i was your balance. if i just knew what made you tick i could ease it all away. if we just listened and talked a little more.... we could help and lie a little less. you hear what im saying but not quite what i've said, i know. and i forgive you. but forgive me for being too frank? forgive me for feeding you the truths of my sorrow and expecting the thought of them to be easier to swallow for you than the very fact of them for me. my kisses can't heal you. my hugs are no help. but the emotion behind them is what i want you to feel. i am small and weak and weary in the cold but my heart should be enough to warm your soul... my words should take your worries away and my presence should ward off anything that dare come near enough to harm you.

there comes a point where we stop letting each other try. we give a nod and acknowledge the finish line. we're done, we've given up, we've failed. to the best of my knowledge, we haven't reached that point so please... don't give up on us yet. in the times of need prior to this speech i have been ready to let you go but this time, you can struggle and squirm and beg for a release but i believe in you far too much to let the faith that you hold in yourself -for yourself- pass.


love you,
love, me.

mariel.

No comments: