Thursday, December 24, 2009

But

Love Happiness & Faith
should not come with conditions...
Would I be asking too much if I expected my heart to
love alone
rejoice alone
and have faith in nothing but its own pulse?
I'm only weak, only human
always fragile, always hungry
And the choices that I seem to be left with are beyond primitive.
I'm offered up all of the fancy things
and all of the extras and a feast of advancements
But to feel these,
to touch, to capture and to acquire these riches
I'm always forced to sacrifice part of the bare, unshakeable and raw brilliance.
ad7fiq8q29p3847re9fy
And then I tear up again
And write another line, for only me to read
And then I spread it...
I send it out because I can't stand to keep it in
And if only for a second, it helps
because I've done it for no other reason that to better myself
And I'm reminded that I still care
and I still love
and I have faith
that I'll be happy outside of the lies we tell ourselves..
Because THAT is raw, real and true...
With no "but," no "just as long as,"
Only what's interpreted between me & you..
Only feeling.

--

love you,
love, me.

No comments: