Tuesday, June 1, 2010

That One

Everybody's looking for The One...
what if there are more than one?
what if there are none?

what if there's someone who thinks i'm good enough
someone who puts Ask before Touch
someone who doesn't hurry love

one who knows me better than they should
one who'd give me his wishes if he could
who will slow dance because he knows i'm not that good

i want him.

someone who never buys, but makes me gifts
never tries, but makes me giggle
who never lies, and lies with space for me to wiggle
who always has time for a kiss

one who loves to hear me, in even just a whisper
who is far too mature to nag and pry and bicker
someone who, even when im wrong, is the bigger
someone playful and strong and true

i want him.

someone who wants me bad
who sings me songs
who likes my dad
more than getting along
who likes adventure
who hates my makeup
who leans on me
who waits til i wake up
who i adore
who i just don't get
doesn't compare me to her
doesn't forget
what he wants, he takes
he learns from mistakes
walks the roads he's paved
and never stands in my way
he understands my dreams
he cooks for me
he's interesting
stubborn in his creativity
he's bold
he doesn't take bull****
he's probably not sappy enough
to read this
he's someone who knows who he is
but is still looking, just in case
someone who grows and accepts it well
someone looking for his someone else
i want that one
i want him.

---

love you,
love, me.

2 comments:

A said...

ah... yes.

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic. love.